Position: Nautical Bowls Captain (General Manager)
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
As the Captain (General Manager) at Nautical Bowls, you are responsible for leading our location. You will play an integral role in the scalable growth and success of the company by being a key leader in the organization. You will work hand-in-hand with the owner and leadership team to ensure the original intent and mission of Nautical Bowls is upheld, fostered and generated in your store(s) and you will ensure your Nautical Bowls franchise location continues to set the bar for other stores as expansion continues.
A DAY IN THE LIFE
- You share our company core values and coach your team(s) through these values
- You identify gaps and opportunities with our systems, processes and initiatives; you work with corporate leadership to create solutions to close these gaps
- You own and oversee the hiring, people management and recruitment strategy for your locations; you are responsible for your teams’ success and development
- You are responsible for the Assistant Managers’ growth and performance, including scheduling, inventory management, payroll and miscellaneous accounting
- You utilize company tools and resources to coach on and document performance concerns and needs for your people and team
- You hold your team accountable to success through consistent, generous feedback and coaching. You are their biggest cheerleader and advocate
- You seek out and attend events and meetings in your community to foster new relationships. This includes but is not limited to local Chambers
- You seek out like-minded businesses and leaders in your community and are responsible for developing relationships with them to strengthen both the Nautical Bowls brand and their respective businesses
- You will partner with our corporate team to launch marketing initiatives for your stores
- You support our giving initiatives by seeking and organizing new service opportunities; you keep the mission of service alive with your teams
- You track to and report on the results of your store(s) weekly to your leaders
- You take on and own incremental and/or net-new projects for Nautical Bowls that support the overarching growth of the brand (as needed)
- You are the ‘culture keeper’ for your location(s); you plan and execute team meetings, development opportunities and events to foster team building and engagement
WHO YOU ARE
- You have a deep passion for our core values and mission
- You integrate fun into your work (you don’t take yourself too seriously) but know how to balance this with a strong business and leadership mindset.
- You possess an entrepreneurial spirit & never stop innovating to achieve great results.
- You are incredibly organized with a high attention to detail. To-do lists are your BFF.
- You have a strong and proven work ethic with the ability to also adapt and pivot quickly
- You are goals and growth minded; you are a constant learner and always setting goals for yourself and others
- Community is your middle name; you wake up excited to connect with others and build relationships.
- You are a team player and natural motivator; you thrive seeing and inspiring others to succeed.
- You not only develop yourself, but you also seek ways to develop your team to be better employees and humans.
- You seek proactive ways to grow your business and don’t shy away from new, unknown opportunities.
- You have strong business acumen and are able to toggle between the community and operational needs of the business on the daily.
- Salary (annual)
- Key measurables:
- Community Involvement: Attends min. 3 community/chamber events per quarter; documents in community tracker
- Community Relationships: Initiates min. of 2 new relationships per quarter; documents in community tracker
- Monthly Crew Meetings Planned & Executed: Plans and hosts 1 all team meeting per month; meeting to be mandatory for all team members
- Quarterly Team Party Planned & Executed: Plans and hosts 1 team community-building event per quarter
- Bonuses (monthly):
- COGs: (when % goals are met)
- Labor: (when % are met)
"*" indicates required fields